Monday, January 16, 2012

Protein-Packed Salad Recipe! (Quick & Easy!)

Chris and I went on a road trip through the Maritimes (Canada) and made a quick stop in Boston for a few days back in August.  While in Boston, I had the most amazing crab salad.  Which isn't saying much considering that was my first, but regardless it was delicious!  So I decided to re-create it to the best of my abilities.  I hope you like it as much as Chris & I did!

Healthy & Easy Crab Salad


Ingredients


1 can of crab meat
2+ cups of your favourite vegetables (we used tomatoes & cucumbers, but you could also include red peppers, carrots, broccoli, avocadoes... so many options!)
2 tsps of dijon mustard (the grainy mustard)
1.5 tsps of roasted red pepper & garlic seasoning (by Botanica... not sure where we got this from)
1-2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
2 hard boiled eggs
1 tbsp of crumbled feta

Mix and serve. Easy peasey!

Nutritional Information

Calories: 392
Fat: 18.6 (5.5 saturated)
Carbohydrates: 16g (3.5g fibre)
Protein: 42g

1 comment:

  1. Yummm love it. I've made your healthy muffins many times too!

    http://andrea-clare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete