Makes 2 servings
- 2 tbsp of oil (sunflower, olive or canola)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1/2 an onion (cut into strips)
- 2 ears of corn
- 3 cups green beans
- 2 tbsp of plain goat's cheese
- 1/2 a tomato or 1/4 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
- Fresh dill to taste
1. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over low-medium heat.
3. Add in garlic and onion to skillet.
4. Holding firmly to the ear of corn, gently wiggle your knife away from you, removing the kernels, several rows at a time.
5. Add kernels to skillet.
6. When water comes to a boil, add in green beans. Allow them to cook for 3 minutes or until they turn bright green.
7. Create an ice bath by placing cool, clean water into a large bowl, add ice cubes to lower the temperature of the water.
8. Carefully transfer green beans from boiling water to ice bath. Allow to sit.
9. Add in 2 tbsp of goat cheese to the garlic, onion and corn mixture. Allow to melt.
10. Drain the green beans and dab with a clean paper towel.
11. Plate! Add green beans as your base, corn mixture and top with fresh diced tomatoes and fresh dill!
Simple, fresh and delicious! (and #noms!)
Recipe analyzed by www.Eatracker.ca a free Canadian website.